Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Introduction of the Ordinary Yogini

I have been practicing Ashtanga  yoga for three and a half years now.  I started in September 2009 when a friend of mine inspired me to try a yoga class.  Luckily for me, the very first class I ever took was an Ashtanga class.  The level of intensity and challenge surprised me and I was immediately hooked.

The past three and a half years have completely changed my life.  The lessons I have learned through daily practice, teachers, and yogic texts transformed me into a happy, peaceful and more understanding person.  However, along the way, I found myself struggling with many challenges in my practice.  I was thirsty for more information, particularly shared experiences to provide me inspiration and support along the way.  I wanted to know that I wasn't the only person feeling a certain pain in my body; that I wasn't the only person that pushed too far one day.  I wanted to know that others too, shared similar challenges and benefits during their journey. This blog is a venue for sharing my journey with others and cultivating conversation amongst a larger community wanting to share their experiences as well.

I am not naturally flexible.  I don't have time to sit in meditation for hours every day.  I am just an "Ordinary Yogini" with a strong thirst for knowledge and inspiration.  I make time for my daily practice, some meditation and some reading.  The rest of my energy is spent on a typical, ordinary life of being a mom, a professional, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a partner.

I encourage my readers to please post comments and share your experiences regarding the topics I address.  I truly want to hear your opinions and experiences.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment